The New Years Resolution

You're not required, but please donate to help me make a living if you like this short story. Even if you just read it & didn't donate, I appreciate it. Thank you for your support.

http://paypal.me/John146WTL

$PsychWorld35 CashApp 

Also, here's my temporary fundraiser below. I'm now out of a job, due to the Gang Stalking & Workplace Mobbing. I'm trying to stay off the streets & get a permanent place &/or a vehicle to survive.

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8Fu6dDjIa2

As y'all know, today is New Years 2022. January 1, 2022. In real life, I quit planning New Years Resolutions long time ago, because what's the point of making them, just to break them EVERY YEAR? 😹 Without further adieu, here's my 1st short fiction story of this year.


Elka & her older sister Nicole made a bet to see who can last longer with staying committed to keeping their New Years Resolutions. They came up with 2 similar resolutions & 1 different 1.


1. Go to the gym & exercise 1 hour, 3 times a week.

2. Ditch the television.

3. Learn a new language. (Elka picked Japanese, while Nicole wanted to learn an African language, but not sure which. After a while, she decided on learning Yoruba. She wanted to DARE to be unique & different.)


Elka checks into "Fresh 'N Cut Fitness" to get a free 7 day trial membership, while Nicole joins "Get Right Fitness" to get an ACTUAL paid membership.


Nicole says, "I can already see that you're probably going to quit the 1st week.", & then giggles.


Elka responds, "Look! Just because I'm overweight with a BMI of 54, doesn't mean I'm gonna quit so soon. Watch & see." 


"Are you ready for this challenge?", asks Nicole. 


Elka said, "I'm readier than you know. Let's do this! Besides, you're not so skinny yourself. I bet you have a BMI of over 30, which is still obese." 


All Nicole could do is look stupid.


Nicole & Elka both quit watching TV as promised, but Nicole stayed on Facebook all day, while Elka kept her phone usage to a minimum, while researching gardening, natural health cures & fitness tips. She purchased some organic vegetable seeds & fruit trees & got herself a garden. She bought a few chickens to raise for eggs, as well. She started shopping at farmers markets, buying organic, natural, local fruits, vegetables, meat & dairy. She also took coconut oil, bentonite clay, activated charcoal, Pink Himalayan Salt, apple cider vinegar, etc. She did whatever it took to detox her body, including intermittent fasting. Even using essential oils with Epsom salt for detox baths. She studied proper diet & nutrition. She bought a good quality cold pressed juicer & smoothie maker. She even ran 10 miles a day in the sun while listening to JapanesePod, instead of going to the gym, after the free trial. (She secretly did all this behind Nicole's back.) 


They hadn't heard from each other in about 4 months, & they bumped into each other, when Nicole had to pay for a speeding ticket, & Elka was on her usual 10 mile daily run. Nicole said that Elka looked unrecognizable! The jealousy set in right away, because Nicole was the 1 who quit the gym membership after 2 weeks & continued to eat mainstream fast food. 


Elka almost didn't want to stop her jogging & talk to Nicole, but she stopped anyway. 


"What a miracle, Elka! This isn't you. This ISN'T you! What did you do to yourself, starve?" 


Elka stopped herself from laughing in Nicole's face & told her, "See? It's more than just going to the gym."


Nicole's conscience started to eat away at her. She wasn't even committed to learning Yoruba, like she wanted to, but Elka started flaunting off all the Japanese that she learned so quickly. Nicole was very overwhelmed by so much jealousy. In fact, Nicole gained 40 more pounds. 


They talked, & Elka told Nicole, "I would've called you to tell you about my lifestyle & belief change, but you probably wouldn't have believed me, & you probably would've called me a conspiracy theorist."


Nicole asked, "What makes you say that?" 


Elka replied, "There was SO much I learned. I took the red pill & went down the rabbit hole. I even dedicated my life to Jesus Christ. Only if you would just be receptive & listen to me. Life is more than just exercise, fitness, good looks & trying to impress other people. Our souls are on the line." 


Nicole said, "I'm ready. Show & tell me what you got. I NEED this new lifestyle!" 


Fast forward to the end of the year, & now Nicole has turned her entire life around 180 degrees, just like Elka. I guess, looking good came naturally with the diet change, fitness & weight loss. But more importantly, they came to the knowledge of the truth. Jesus Christ. After that, they started worshipping at secret underground home churches that want NO affiliation with 501(c)3.


The End