$450 collateral grillz

 A blog post from 2007-2008


If a man is stranded 30 miles from home because his car broke down & asks you for help what what you do if it was the 6th of the month & you had your LAST $3 to your NAME & wouldn't get paid until the next month? Would you give him your ONLY $3 & help him out or just leave him be? This white guy randomly knocked on my door, telling me his situation, & he was CRYING. He said he only had $6 to his name & needed $32 to take the bus home to Dallas. He said his feet hurt & he asked to use my bathroom. He said he was a UPS man & was gonna pay me later in the week. He offered his cell phone & $450 teeth grillz as collateral. I told myself, "Hurry up & get your mace in case he rapes you or something!" Because the man was also trying to hit on me & he asked to chat, but I was sleepy. I opened the door because I thought it was the maintenance man, checking up on my bathroom leak. It was a sigh of relief when he left without hurting me. I felt like I did a good deed to help him out, but it was also risk-taking. Oh, & that dude looked JUST like the rapper Paul Wall with those Grillz, too. LMFAO! Well, this happened about 8 mos. ago. & I just recently found this journal. I wanna know your opinion. Do you think I made a poor decision or what? I REALLY thought it was the manitenance man! I didn't know. Lots of people thought I was "stupid". But it was in the day time, & it sounded like he said "MAINTENANCE" when he knocked. I asked 3 times, & it sounded like MAINTENANCE, all 3 times. So that's why I opened. Now, mental health professionals wanna keep CLOSE tabs on me b/c of that "1" misunderstanding. & they think I'm irresponsible. ***Please don't give any cruel remarks. Thanks.