Blog post 09/13/2008

 Is there anything wrong with being excited and happy about good things, no matter how big or small?


Is there anything wrong with being excited and happy about good things, no matter how big or small? I have OCD & Tourette's. People look @ me like I'm crazy & consider me childish, just for something simple as me getting to ride a brand new bus, rather than a crusty, raggedy one. I know they both get you where you're going. But most of these raggedy buses here in my town go VERY slow & ride like snails. & it's hot, muggy, & polluted. You can't breathe because you can smell the exhaust pipe or whatever else.& if a fresh, new bus comes, & I say, "Yes!" with a big smile, people are like, "WTF is wrong with you? Why are you getting excited over what kind of bus you ride? The old buses are all bumpy & loud, & if you're playing your CD player, you can't even hear your music. With the new ones, it's smooth, relaxing, & comfortable. Nice A/C. You don't have to worry about having to hold your breath, or suffocating. I like new things. New things make me feel good & make me feel happy. Is there anything wrong with that?***Now, people tell me to stay positive & be happy. But, when I get happy, people always find a problem with it. If I listen to a song I like or watch a TV show I like, people get angry & tell me I shouldn't listen to music or watch TV. It's like, they WANT me to be miserable, & I'm expected to not be allowed to complain about it. So, every time I get happy or excited, I feel ashamed, like I'm doing something wrong. & it makes me feel depressed ALL over again. How do I overcome this?