Candy's Addictive Homemade Granola Bars

Hi, everyone. At the moment that I'm writing this, it's 11:45 PM on Wednesday, March 9, 2022.

I'm homeless, living in a motel room, as some of y'all know. I don't remember when the last time was, that I made this recipe. I created it on my own, & I used to make it all the time, when I lived in Los Angeles several years ago. I don't have the physical recipe right in front of me (it might be in my storage unit), but I will try to remember off the top of my head. 

This stuff is more addictive than seaweed snacks. It's very quick & simple to make.

So, to the best of my memory, I'm going to try to tell you, step by step, how to make them. If I could ever find the physical recipe, I will surely update this post. But this will do, for now.

Ingredients:

-4 cups of raw oats
-2 sticks of either salted butter or 1 cup of virgin coconut oil
-1 cup of raw, unfiltered honey
-5 pinches of Pink Himalayan Salt
-3 drops of vanilla extract
-1/8 cup each, of both pumpkin seeds & sunflower seeds (shelled)

(If you prefer, you can use any variety of shelled nuts, or even 1 type of nuts, if you don't want to use pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. You can even use 1/2 cup of peanut butter, almond butter, etc. Have fun with it, be creative & make it your very own. You can even use hemp seeds, M&M's, Reese's pieces, Skittles, etc.)


Directions:

-Grab a standard sized pot & turn fire on medium/low heat.
-Quickly gather all the ingredients, except for the oats & stir together very well, maybe for about 5 minutes, or until your butter or coconut oil melts.
-Quickly add in & stir the raw oats until everything is mixed together, for another 5 minutes.
-Grab a pan, spray nonstick cooking spray on it, & then add the mixture to the pan. 
-Even the oat mixture out on the pan. 
-Let cool for about 20 minutes.
-Cover & refrigerate overnight. 
-Cut into desired sized pieces.
-Enjoy!

(Warning! You won't be able to stop eating this if you love granola bars.)