How I feel about Dollar General

Today (Monday, 03/28/2022), all I had was $25 to spare, in my bank account. I used that $25 for a few more grocery items through DoorDash. They had a free delivery promotion. The delivery guy didn't act like a perp, but I saw a temporary license plate. He was nice.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to get EXACTLY what I wanted because they didn't have all the items that I picked out. I was trying to get Ritz crackers, instead of Triscuit. They had Triscuit. I guess I'll eat that with peanut butter. Triscuit is supposedly a little healthier & non-GMO project verified. The Triscuit was cheaper than the Ritz crackers, anyway. 

I was a little disappointed that the Triscuit date on the box was expired. I momentarily forgot that, just because there's an expiration date, doesn't mean that it's bad. We'll see, when I open the box. I forgot that Dollar General is good (notorious) for selling expired food. Years ago, this store, called McFrugal's (that's now Big Lots) used to always sell expired, old, stale food. I don't think that Big Lots sells expired food anymore. 

Nowadays, that I have a better understanding of food expiration dates, I'm no longer against eating expired food, like I used to when I was younger. I didn't know any better back then. Getting a certain age, living in poverty & going to those food banks, I guess I got used to it. Humbling. Swallow your pride. Yeah, I know.

Earlier today (03/28/2022) briefly triggered me getting a little angry all over again, having flashbacks about the narcissistic fake foster mom Ann & her sister Mikki condemning me during my Senior year in high school for buying an expired perm (hair relaxer) from Dollar General. I didn't even know that perms have expiration dates, too. I didn't realize that the perm was expired until after I got home. They yelled at me & said that they hope all of my hair falls out & never grows back. Cruel New Orleans witches usually say stuff like that! I ended up going back to the store, & I saw how many expired products that Dollar General actually had. This was in the year 2000 or 2001. 

Since then, I avoided Dollar General like the plague FOR YEARS! I avoided it until I told that fake narcissistic perp Lisa Ruby about why I strongly hated Dollar General. & I told her about what the foster mom & her sister did to me. Her response was, "Well, it's not Dollar General's fault!"

Well, when I was living in Greenville, SC, there was a Dollar General very close by the apartment complex where I lived, & that was the closest store. There was a 40-year old lady, named Stephanie, who was supposedly the manager. She was always so mean for no reason. She probably was a perp. 1 time, she made me afraid that she was going to ban me. I forgot what happened that day. I think she wrung my items up wrong or didn't honor my coupon or something.

I didn't have many issues with Family Dollar until the Cherrydale location in Greenville, SC. I wondered why the employees there were always rude to me.

I think that Family Dollar is cheaper than Dollar General. 1 thing they have in common, is that there's NO healthy food sold at those stores. I haven't seen Family Dollar sell expired products, though. 

Today, through DoorDash, I ordered some tortilla chips to go with my canned corned beef from the Asian market & Velveeta Queso Blanco from fake Walmart. I tried to order canned fruits & vegetables. They sadly didn't have many selections. I already have a few cans of veggies. I was just needing a few canned fruits. They have the Mott's apple sauce, & that's the only kind they had. Disgusting high fructose corn syrup! 

I ordered peanut butter, & it was the bad peanut butter with the unhealthy oils. I wrestled against the urge to order a small box of Little Debbie cosmic brownies. I lost the battle. I haven't eaten those in years. I try to stay away from that stuff. I didn't even want that kind of brownies, but I was mildly craving brownies. I feel guilty.

I remember, recently, I ordered $25 or less in groceries through Winn Dixie, & none of the food was healthy. It was cheap & affordable. I ordered bread, American cheese, ham, Entenmann's donuts (which I don't usually eat), & I forgot what else. Health wise & physically, I felt bad that whole week, & I was SEVERELY sleep deprived. 

But anyways, they don't have Dollar Tree on DoorDash. I heard that they raised the prices to $1.25, due to inflation. They don't have a location nearby, either. 

I could've walked to Dollar General today, but I just didn't feel like getting perped on my walk. While I was waiting for my delivery outside of my motel room, I saw a white car with 1 taillight, & it passed by too fast for me to film it.