Natural Relief for Menstrual Cramps

So, in honor of Women's History Month, this is a blog post to help be a blessing to other women. Please spread & share this. I didn't realize that 2 days ago was International Women's Day. Sorry for being 2 days late.

I was on those psychiatric medications for so many years. I'm glad I'm not on them anymore. They make your cramps worse. I don't take Aleve Ibuprofen, etc. anymore, either. Besides, they don't work. & if they do, your cramps come back in a few hours. & you have to keep taking those fake toxic pills several times a day. For the past few years, I've been using natural remedies for menstrual cramps. What a lifesaver! 

The #1 cause of menstrual cramps is INFLAMMATION! Poor diet causes inflammation, which causes cramps. Alkaline diet actually helps. You don't have to eat vegetarian or vegan. Just eat natural food as God intended. 

Methods:

1) A few days before you know your period is going to come, add a ton of fresh fruits & vegetables to your diet. I understand that some people struggle financially & don't have the money or even the convenience to get to eat properly or healthy. Healthy fruit & vegetable salads, juices & smoothies, alone, is 1 way to help get rid of or even prevent cramps. Avoid processed &/or junk food, junk snacks & fast food, if you can afford to do so. If not, follow on for #2.

I also use this product.

https://www.amazinggrass.com/

2) Get you some activated charcoal. It binds poisons. This is what I use. Don't take within 3-4 hours of eating. I personally would start 2 days before you anticipate for your period to come, & take 2 capsules in water ONCE a day until day 4 of menstruation & then stop taking the charcoal after day 4. What you do is, (Try not to make a mess. It can get messy & stain surfaces.) break open the 2 capsules & put the powder in 32 oz. of water. Taking the powder out of the capsules help the product to work faster. You'd be waiting for hours if you just swallowed the capsules as a pill. Don't use metal. Use plastic or wood to stir, & then drink for fast relief. 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda added also speeds up the pain relief. Drink plenty of extra plain water & eat lots of fruits & vegetables throughout the day to prevent constipation. If you're still constipated, then add psyllium powder to your diet, if you can afford it.

WARNING: Your doo-doo will be black. Don't be alarmed!

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/nature-way-charcoal-activated-260-mg-100-capsules/nw-1006

Copy & paste the link above or go to your local Vitamin Shoppe. Or you can order off of Amazon. 

3) Food grade bentonite clay.

This is what I use. Follow the exact same instructions as with the activated charcoal, if you're using the already premixed liquid like this one.

It's already liquid, so I shake it up really well, & I just add a cap full. 

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/yerba-prima-botanicals-great-plains-bentonite-16-oz/yp-1508

In this case, I would add 2 caps full, since it's 16 oz. bottle & not 32 oz. bottle. If you had the 32 oz. bottle, then add 1 cap full. 

But if you use the powder, like this 1, 

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/redmond-all-natural-bentonite-clay/2214498

put 2 teaspoons of the powder in a glass jar overnight mixed in water. Don't use metal to stir. Use plastic or wood. Drink the next morning. The clay is safe to take with food, unlike activated charcoal, which takes out both the good & bad. The clay just takes out the bad stuff, while it leaves in the good stuff.

4) Detox bath. (Recipe coming soon. I will post the link below.)

Here's the recipe.

https://gangstalkedcreoleauthor.blogspot.com/2022/03/candys-personal-detox-bath.html?m=0

* I feel embarrassed. Now, lemme tell you something. I began menstruating starting Tuesday, March 17, 1992. I was only 8 1/2 years old. I'm 38 1/2 right now. A week from today will be 30 years since I've been menstruating. (Sorry for TMI.) I have no children, even though I wish I was married to a decent, loving Christian husband & had children. 

I think, around 2005 before Hurricane Katrina, just before I went to Costa Rica, I started using elderly people's bladder pads for my menstrual periods, since they're bigger. Regular maxi pads don't stop my panties from getting messy. 

What I recently discovered in 2020, right after Hurricane Sally, was that, when I take a shower & then use a fresh bladder pad, (I like to use TENA intimates overnight or the generic Walmart version), I can make my pad stretch for a longer time by taking toilet paper & wrapping it around my hand & arm between 6 & 8 times, & then stuff it against my vaginal area to catch the bleeding, & I change the toilet paper each bathroom trip whenever I have to go pee, & then neither my panties nor my bladder pad get messed up. Just using that extra protection.

Thank me later.