A "What-if" Thought

After I woke up in real life, I (the author) lingered in my motel room bed, hoping that I could get some more sleep this morning, but I couldn't. From early childhood, I've been daydreaming a lot.


Here's a fictional short story, based on this "What-if" scenario. Character names & scenery changed from what I was actually thinking. This will be a VERY short story. I promise that it won't take up much of your time.


(Wow! Due to this Gang Stalking, as soon as I started writing this, they're vibrating & torturing my body, as if they're "punishing" me for working on my writing. & they wonder why my writing is so "bad"! I can't even focus on thinking or writing properly. They make things even worse, with the forced sleep deprivation!) 


Back to my short story explanation, I'm going to try to continue writing. This torture is unbearable!


Here's the short story.


____________________________________________


Liz knocked on Verona's door. 


Verona asked, "Who is it?"


Liz said, "Liz!"


Verona got excited because she & Liz haven't seen each other in months! Verona opened the door.


Liz said, "Ooh, wee! Girl, where's the BATHROOM? I gotta go pee SO bad!"


Verona showed her the bathroom. Verona patiently waited until Liz was done. Liz didn't take long. Once Liz was done, she took off her shoes, got comfortable & stretched out on Verona's bed, while Verona was sitting backwards in her chair. 


Liz told Verona that she finally divorced her abusive ex-husband, Micah. Verona's jaw dropped, & then she asked, "What happened to the kids?" 


Liz said that she dodged a bullet because Micah's mother, Gloria is raising the children. Liz is glad that CPS didn't intervene. 


Liz was telling Verona about a new male friend, named Deverick. Verona automatically thought that Deverick was Liz's new boyfriend, but Liz said, "No, just a platonic friend". 


Liz told Verona that Deverick sexually wanted her really bad, though. She said that Deverick is very cute & a good friend. Liz said that she's still trying to heal from her traumatic marriage & divorce from Micah. 


Liz & Verona continued conversing some more. Liz was angered all over again, when recounting memories of Micah punishing her, telling her, "You have forfeited your right to access to MY bedroom!" & how he told her that she also forfeited her right to access to the house, the car, the money & the children. But Micah was the one who cheated & got caught. 


Liz said that she didn't feel right, "dating" anymore, after her recent marriage experience. Deverick admitted that he likes open relationships because he can't stay faithful. Liz said that that's a ๐Ÿ‘Žin her book. She said that she appreciates Deverick's honesty. 


Verona asked, "Did you rent that silver Chevy Tahoe?" 


Liz responded, "Nope. Deverick has 3 vehicles, so he let me take the Tahoe for the day & go wherever I wanted. & here, I came to see you because I know that you're lonely & miss me." 


Verona said, "I wish I had a man who loved & trusted me like that!"


They did some more chatting. Eventually, they went to a nearby park to go jogging together. Verona was out of shape because she hasn't jogged since Liz moved away. Every man in sight kept trying to hit on & get fresh with Liz, but nobody was interested in Verona. Liz blew each of those guys off. She was DETERMINED to stay single. 


After jogging, Liz dropped Verona off back at her apartment. She decided not to stay too long, because she was afraid of Deverick getting angry at her being too far & using up so much gas. Liz & Verona were very sad to have to part ways & say goodbye. Verona didn't have any friends, other than Liz. Verona concluded that it's better to be alone, than to be in a toxic, abusive marriage.


THE END