My Sentiments About New Orleans

You gotta both hate & love New Orleans. It's both my birthplace & hometown. Yes, I was born at that fake, evil Charity Hospital!

The positive aspects of New Orleans:

1) Famous for such GOOD FOOD! The cuisine tastes like heaven, but is unhealthy for you.

2) Nice weather (except for tornadoes & hurricanes)

3) Good old memories, especially from the 80's & 90's

4) Festivals (but some of them I don't recommend because of promoting evil, like Mardi Gras, Decadence Festival, etc.)

5) Rich & diverse history & culture 

6) At least New Orleans restaurants are generous with food portions, unlike here in Pensacola! 🙄

The negative aspects of New Orleans:

1) Being #1 on the list for being the VooDoo capital, the gay capital & the murder capital (some people say, of the entire WORLD!)

2) Because of money, rich tourists are more welcome than poor natives. Backwards! Even worse, when you're homeless.

3) Rampant crime, abuse & violence. It's not safe.

4) Potholes & sinkholes

5) Hurricanes & tornadoes. Being below sea level

6) To me, New Orleans sold out after Hurricane Katrina, so is therefore no longer the same. How disappointing!

7) So many lost souls. Sorry, but Catholicism isn't the way to Heaven. Jesus Christ is. Read your King James Version Holy Bible from cover to cover & ask the Holy Spirit to lead & guide you. Pray. 

Do I have your permission to share the good memories I miss?

1) When people were able to run a business without a license, & nobody would snitch on you.

2) When people loved & cared about each other more.

3) Free ferry boat rides, & when you were able to drive your car on the ferry.

4) People being more lenient. Now, everyone is stuck up, mean, self-righteous & fake. They'll snitch you out & backstab you in a heartbeat!

5) The frozen cup lady, the sweet potato pie lady, or the praline candy lady. I wish I could be 1 of those kinds of ladies. Lol! I wouldn't have to be homeless. But now, they make it so hard, nearly impossible to run a business. 

6) Visiting family & friends during holidays. 

7) McKenzie's donuts

8) I think they still have Tastee Donuts, but it's different from the 90's. They don't have a Kastleburger anymore. The Kastleburger was like Krystal or White Castle.

9) Chelsea's Frozen Yogurt

10) Swimming lessons

11) The Riverwalk (mall downtown). How it was before 2003. The Riverwalk from back in the 90's, when Dollar Tree was inside of there. The Riverwalk nowadays sucks!

12) Delchamps, The Real Superstore, Canal Villere, Save-A-Center, Albertsons, Schwegmann's, Eckerd's, Piggly Wiggly, K&B, & others. Mandarin House Asian buffet in Algiers before Hurricane Katrina. 

13) Gambino's bakery. Their cakes & petit fours.

*Hmm, I never got to try Copeland's. I always wanted to, though. For years, I've been hearing that it's 1 of the best restaurants.

-I love New Orleans Hamburger & Seafood Co.

-I love the Buttermilk Drop Bakery in the 7th Ward. (I can't really be eating stuff like that much anymore, due to my health.) Same with Cafe du Monde beignets.

-I love riding the ferry & the streetcar.

-We got Smoothie King here in Pensacola, so I don't need to miss it. Lol, but I love it.

-I wish Pensacola had a Trader Joe's, Whole Foods & YogurtLand.

-You can't find chocolate glazed donuts anywhere else, but New Orleans. I'm not talking about chocolate cake donuts or chocolate covered glazed donuts. I'm talking about chocolate infused glazed donuts.

Certain things, I can no longer like, love or miss, because they promote Voodoo/witchcraft/paganism, etc. I can't like anything Mardi Gras-related, as much as I wish I could still love king cake.

*I don't miss the abuse, torture & unjust punishment I was forced to endure, growing up. That's an entire BOOK!

*I also hate & don't miss constant noise & not able to get to experience any peace or quiet. So many loud, ghetto & ignorant, violent people. It's hard to find decent people in New Orleans. They exist. Just hard to find.

*My outlook on New Orleans would probably be better, if it weren't for this Gang Stalking. I feel homesick. But at the same time, I have a bitter taste in my mouth about New Orleans, because I feel like I was kicked out of my own hometown, due to the Gang Stalking & homelessness.

*I used to HATE everything about New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina, but it's sad that it took for that to happen, in order to get me to appreciate the city. I was homesick & depressed. I've learned to live without New Orleans. 🤷‍♀️ I still get homesick & miss it.