My 1st Airbnb Experience

Hello, everyone. I never did Airbnb before. I would keep forgetting about it. I guess I signed up a few years ago, but never used it. When I first heard of Airbnb, I was already housed, I think. So therefore I didn't need it. I remember seeing listings for $20/night. Not anymore. All these $600/night VRBO's. Yes. A NIGHT! 

So, it was Saturday or Sunday, May 28 or 29. I believe it was that Sunday. A Vietnamese young woman was skating downtown. I was doing my usual homeless panhandling, asking for money for food & bus fare. She supposedly lives in New Orleans, also. She goes to UNO, where I graduated from. She offered to take me to whatever restaurant I wanted to eat at. I tried to not order anything too expensive. I ordered fish tacos & salted caramel gelato. She just wanted fries & gelato. She offered to help me with a hotel room. I felt that God must've sent her. How was I going to start a new job, smelling funky & dirty, living on the streets with NO rest? God answered my prayers! 

She asked the restaurant server where a nearby affordable hotel was. He suggested Airbnb. She found a room for about $66. She got it for me for 3 nights. I was able to just put in a code & walk up in there. I explained to the host that someone else paid for me.

The Airbnb host was nice & respectful. No issues, really. She even allowed me to stay an extra couple of nights until I was able to get back into this motel. She said something about raising the Airbnb price to about $2,000/month for June & July. That's why I felt like I couldn't afford to stay there any longer. You know. Summer vacation for everyone. Plus, due to the workplace mobbing on this new job, it would be a miracle for me to last 2 weeks on the job. They've been trying to run me off since the first day. I almost got wrongfully fired the next day.

There was a guest there that was slightly rude, but then ended up talkative & nice. But he left the next day, because he was offended at me telling him the truth about the fake COVID-19 scamdemic. He works in the medical field. He had a female coworker guest over, who was sarcastically rude.  

The only thing I didn't like was the big dog being there, & I didn't like having to take off my shoes before going elsewhere into the house. OCD. But this is Pensacola, so it's understandable that the host would want for us to take off our shoes. She might not want beach sand from travelers all over the floors. With my new job, it's hard to get sand vacuumed out of the vehicles.

See? Any other blogger could blog & write a review & tell the name of the host, the address & other intricate details, but I have to be vague, due to the gang stalking. 

If given the opportunity, I would probably try Airbnb again. But I hate living with other people.