Square Dancing Down the Aisle

So, hi everyone. I started a new job last week. I'm off today & tomorrow from work. I'm still being gang stalked. I'm still hoping to use my fiction short stories as a side hustle. I VERY MUCH need it. 

I haven't blogged in a week. Still suffering DAYS OF sleep deprivation. I started my new job last Tuesday, the 31st of May. I had a rough morning, & my day didn't go as planned. I had many errands to run & lots of business to handle. It looks like I'm going to have to cram in everything tomorrow. I couldn't go out to get my errands done today because the gang stalkers sabotaged my laundry. So, now I have to redo everything. I'm glad I was reimbursed for my money, but I can't get my time back. I didn't have to even leave this motel, & I had SUCH A DISASTER!

I'm still going to need to panhandle & ask for help until I get my paycheck next week. Then, hopefully I should be on my own. But it looks like, all my work money would be going to this motel room, & I would struggle for food, laundry, transportation & other necessities. They're trying to run me off the job already! Workplace mobbing. 

So, here's a short story I was thinking of. I LOVED square dancing in elementary school. I think we did it in 5th grade. It wasn't until this morning when I YouTube searched "Square Dancing", & this video came up.

I didn't realize that Square Dancing was a racist dance taught in American schools.

Look at these videos. 

This 1 exposes the racism with square dancing.

The Surprisingly Racist Origins Of Square Dancing in Gym Class.

https://youtu.be/CxEZMXnQGs8

I need to go back & watch the video, but this was 1 of the search results, & I'm now saddened by it. I feel so hurt to learn that Square Dancing is racist, but I'm going to do a flash fiction short story on it, anyway.

This website says that Black people see square dancing as a Southern tradition rooted in segregation.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1991-11-01-me-690-story.html

This website says that "America’s wholesome square dancing tradition is a tool of white supremacy"

https://qz.com/1153516/americas-wholesome-square-dancing-tradition-is-a-tool-of-white-supremacy/

Henry Ford was racist?

https://youtu.be/RTO7tgM_N2I

Some new stuff I learned today. 😭🙀

Here are a few instructional videos of Square Dancing.

https://youtu.be/mj_TtlVJAjc

https://youtu.be/zyMOXxHanNY

https://youtu.be/p-wDn9QRjJ0

Do si do your partner.

I remember in 2005, probably before Hurricane Katrina, I ordered a Square Dancing VHS videotape from Amazon.

It was called, "Christy Lane's Square Dancing Today". I didn't realize that it had multiple volumes. At least 3 volumes on DVD.

& what a coincidence that YouTube just recommended me this video a 1/2 hour ago, when I was thinking about something similar for a day or 2 now.

https://youtu.be/EoH6m2TRZjk

A boy who kept his promise on marrying a girl.

So, here's the VERY short story below. I tried. Still suffering sleep deprivation, & my thoughts aren't clear.
______________________________________________


Radford & Orleana attended Grapevine Elementary School, where they learned square dancing. The students loved it so much that it was made to be an after school extracurricular activity. The 3rd graders looked forward to the square dancing sessions every day. The children laughed every time it was time to do si do your partner. They thought that was the most fun & exciting part about it. 

Radford & Orleana were set up to be dance partners because the gym teacher, Mrs. Makille, paired the students up in last name alphabetical order & gender. Orleana's mother thought she would be very good at square dancing, since she was used to doing Zydeco dancing. But for some reason, it took her longer to get the hang of square dancing.

Radford was already 18, & Orleana was 17, going on 18. He interrupted the graduation ceremony & proposed to her IMMEDIATELY after she walked across the stage & accepted her high school diploma. Then, they do si do'ed each other. 

They got married EXACTLY a year after graduation. Instead of walking down the aisle, they square danced down the aisle. Orleana's father was incarcerated due to drug possession, so therefore, he couldn't make it. They had an ENTIRE square dancing session at the wedding reception.

THE END