Dinner Is Ready!

Howdy, everyone. Yes, I daydream a lot. Ever since I was a kid. I heard that maladaptive daydreaming is a response to early childhood trauma & dissociation. Many times, I'm not even aware that I'm doing it. I try to fight against it nowadays, but it's beyond my control. I call them, "what if" thoughts.

Strange that I thought up of a scenario where I was invited to someone's house, & they were cooking 1 of my favorite dishes. Pork & beans & rice. I thought this up about 3 days ago. Now today, someone uploaded this video.

BBQ baked beans

https://youtu.be/Sv2nyvm8mPY

I always wanted to try to make my own recipe for totally homemade pork & beans from scratch. Even homemade tomato sauce. I would've BEEN tried that if I weren't homeless! 

I'm going to do a fictional short story, which talks about dinner being served.

Here's Philippians Ch. 2.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kingjamesbibleonline.org/Philippians-Chapter-2/

________________________________________________



Rosette invited a few Christian friends over for a Thursday evening dinner & fellowship. There was one homeless woman straggling nearby, walking on the sidewalk with a backpack & a clean black trash bag with a few toiletries. She was on her way to the bus stop, trying to get that last city bus downtown. She hasn't eaten dinner yet. 

Rosette's husband, Pascal, was quite concerned about this apparently homeless woman walking on their block after dusk. He told the woman, "You better hurry up & get back inside before dark! I don't like to see a woman running the streets at night. This neighborhood ain't safe!"

The woman said, "This is what I do every day. I have no choice. I'm homeless, with nowhere to go."

Pascal's heart sank. He asked the woman, "What's your name?"

The woman said, "Samina." 

He said, "Samina. Can I pray for you?"

She said, "Yes, but don't put your hands on me. I don't like people touching me."

He said, "I respect that. After this prayer, I invite you to dinner & a safe spot to sleep. It's up to you if you want to accept the offer. No strings attached. They only price you have to pay, is NO DRAMA!"

After the praying, Samina said, "Thank you so much. Ok. I agree."

A spare dinner table spot was already prepared for Samina because Zulma decided to bail out at the last minute. Zulma wanted the food, but not the Bible study fellowship. There was ungodly dinner table gossip amongst the guests. They were talking about Zulma acting uppity & letting her recent marriage get to her head. They thought she was acting sadiddy & brand new because she married an attractive man who's financially well-off. Another guest said that maybe it might be the case that the new husband was an abusive man using his riches to act overly possessive & keep her isolated. They were trying to guess up why she decided at the last minute not to come to the fellowship dinner.

Rosette is 7 months pregnant, & everyone was teasing her about the baby & discussing a baby shower. Pascal already has 6 daughters. He's hoping for a son this time. They want it to be a surprise. They don't believe in ultrasounds or gender reveals. 

Rosette had the dinner fixed already. She made a dish, called "Duck & Beans" with rice, because of being respectful of those who don't eat pork. Yes, she used duck with homemade (what would've been) pork & beans. She used basmati rice. For those who do eat pork, her husband made a side dish with turnip greens & ham hocks. They had cornbread stuffed bell peppers on the side, along with hibiscus aguas frescas & carrot cake with both black & yellow raisins, shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, shredded pineapple & coconut.

Rosette didn't allow anyone to touch the food or eat until after the Bible-based fellowship. It was just a session where everyone read Philippians Ch. 2, did a 20-minute discussion (where Vinny was sort of like preaching a quick sermon), listened to 4 Christian gospel songs & then prayed. After that, Rosette said, "Dinner is Ready"!

Everyone had their fill & raved on about how exotic, creative & different the meal was. Rosette loves to jokingly ask, after the dinner, "Now, which meal did y'all like better? The fellowship, or my cooking?" 

She would always expect for them to like the fellowship more than her fancy, ingenious dishes. Some of the guests admitted that they liked her good food better. She made EXTREMELY delicious food, but she was trying to encourage people to enjoy God's word even more than her earthly food.

THE END