Dear Reader

Trevor woke up from an evening nap, lying in his grandmother's old, rocky, squeaky bed. Whenever he looked up, he could see her own personal rendition of Vincent Van Gogh's "Starry Night" painting. His grandmother is a lovely, fine painter. On 1 wall, she has a painting of herself, her husband & all of her descendants painted in 1 big picture. Across from it is all of their names written in Japanese. In Katakana, Hiragana & Kanji. She didn't want to put any tattoos on her arms. 1 side of the wall has all of the grandchildren's scribble that they made as babies & toddlers, including Trevor's. Years later, Trevor took a permanent marker & put a neon yellow circle around his. The 4th side of the wall is left blank. Trevor loves that room, & it's his favorite room to go to when he wants to clear his mind & think.

Trevor was doing some intermittent fasting & praying. He walked into the kitchen & was tempted to eat dinner. Then a bad memory entered his mind, which caused him to lose his appetite. After that, he went into his grandmother's home office, grabbed some pens & paper, & started writing. He wrote a letter to no one in particular. He used all 8 colors of pens to write with, alternating between each color for each word he wrote. I'm pretty sure that that was time consuming. But he was just trying to pass the time & clear his anxieties, anyway. 

He started writing. Here's his letter.

"Dear reader. I don't know who you are, but there are many of you. Thank you for putting your eyes on my words. Thank you for taking the time out to read this. 

My grandma is at Baptist Hospital. She needs your prayers. I can't afford to lose her. This is what I want you to know about my dear Granny. She is the best granny in the entire world. A servant of Jesus Christ. The best homemaker. The best cook. The best cleaner. The best driver on the road. The best wife. The best mother. The best dressed. The best gardener. The best teacher. The best joke teller. The best folk tale teller. The best secret keeper. The best friend you could ever have. & of course, the best painter. The Jill of all trades.

I don't know what I'll do without my dear Granny. I'm not leaving this house until I get an answer about my favorite granny. Granny's favorite room in the house is her bedroom, which is also my favorite room."

The neighbors, family, friends & church members also were fasting & praying for Trevor's granny. Miraculously, she was healed of her illness & able to rejoice, tell her testimony & go back home to her favorite bedroom.

THE END