Yuppie's HALF Birthday

In real life, today, February 25, 2023 is me & my twin sister's 1/2 birthday. We're 39 & 1/2 today. 6 more months before we turn 40. I didn't realize that my Twitter anniversary & YouTube anniversary were on the same day. February 23. I thought my Twitter birthday was February 21. I'm going to do a short story about a dog having a 1/2 birthday celebration. You know how people WORSHIP their dogs 🐕, especially rich folks! 😂


I can't even put this short story on TikTok because I was forced to do certain things to save my account. I just got that account, & it's on its last legs already! The online perps are trying to MURDER my TikTok account. They nearly succeeded. 


I'm sleep deprived & will try my best with this story. I've been feeling weak & shaky all day. Bear with me.


_______________________________________________



I, Gayle Paisley, work as a veterinary assistant. I love my job. I've been working there for over 35 years. I wouldn't trade it for the world. 


Today at the office, 1 of our puppy patients' human owners, Clive Barker, invited me to a 1/2 birthday party. I said, "1/2 birthday!?"


He said, "Yeah. Why not? My baby just turned 6 months old. I've spent MONTHS putting this thing together. Remember Yuppie? That was the newborn teacup poodle that was born sickly. You know, the runt of the batch. Her siblings are all living their best life with other owners. Now, so is she, while living with me. I make sure of that. I spoil her. Remember when, after a couple of months of her birth, I lost hope & wanted to put her to sleep? Once she got the proper treatment, she's been so happy-go-lucky. She's always so excited, so that's why I named her, 'Yuppie the puppy'. She's always wagging her tail, smiling, barking & jumping up & down. This 1/2 birthday is so special & important to me because I don't know if she'll live to get to see a whole year. That's why I invited you & your staff to this precious HALF birthday party. I even raised funds on a Fundly campaign. I garnered such AMAZING support! Besides, GoFundMe is overrated."


I listened to him rave on. I felt flattered & wondered if he was trying to get fresh with me. Afterall, he was single. Come to find out, that wasn't the case at all. He had his whole family to celebrate Yuppie's 1/2 birthday. 


The party was on Friday evening at 4, right when the veterinary clinic closed. The party was held at the office. Dr. Raj Patel allowed the party to go on. He was invited, but he couldn't attend because he had to prepare for his daughter's high school graduation for the next morning. Dr. Patel said, "Save a piece of cake for me."


There was lots of fun & games at the party. You would've thought it was a whole birthday party celebration. People were throwing frisbees & flying kites with the dogs indoors because it was raining. Clive didn't let the rain stop him. Yuppie received lots of love & presents. She danced & pranced in her new doggie dress. She knew how to pose for the camera. Yep. The good ol' fashioned polaroid camera. Other dogs joined in on the fun, playing jump rope & hula hoop. They even did the number limbo. Some of the other dogs were vet patients, brought in by their human owners. Clive brought his whole human family to celebrate. They celebrated like it was a human's birthday. 


I could understand where Clive was coming from. Not gonna lie. I thought he was crazy, at first. I guess some people are more passionate about dogs than I thought I was. Overall, we had a good time. 


Yuppie lived to celebrate about 30 more 1/2 birthdays, in dog years.


THE END