Pro-FRESH-ional

Early this morning, I was reminded of a real-life situation of an employee at Mayhill Mental Hospital in Denton,Texas back in 2010. I think she was either a mental health nurse or a tech. She was 1 of the good ones. I never had any issues with her. Every single day, she always looked sharp & fresh with her nursing scrubs uniform. Immaculate! But "I'm" the one with the OCD, though. She doesn't have OCD. She got me beat. She's MUCH cleaner & neater than me! She wasn't quite elderly, but she was almost there. 

I'm about to write a fiction short story that makes me think of that time. I used to even call her "Pro-FRESH-ional". I totally forgot her name, but I vividly remember her face. She even always kept her hair done! 

Update: & no, don't take me the wrong way! I know how the gang stalkers would do, with trying to lie & twist things to make it like I liked her in that way. Not at all! I'm NOT part of the LGBTQIA. I'm heterosexual. They love trouble & false rumors. 

The short story was just part of an idea or theme based on just... somebody looking REALLY neat! I didn't think of the short story below in advance before writing. I just thought up as I went. 

_________________________________________________


Ignatius, a 45-year old male secretary, works at a law firm. Everything about him is SHARP! He's neater than most people in the military, but he has never been enlisted. He doesn't have OCD. He's not a germophobe. He seems too close to perfection. 

One day, he was walking to his office, & 1 of his coworkers, Luba, told him, "My, my, my! You're looking mighty pro-FRESH-ional today."

Ignatius smiled & replied back, "What? I KNOW you're not trying to come on to me!"

She said, "Well, maybe I am."

& then she winked her left eye & turned around with a sassy walk. 

Luba might have a change of mind, because she's not really attracted to how Ignatius looks genetically. She thinks that if he dressed like an ordinary person, she wouldn't have any interest in him at all. 

When she walked into the break room, she saw 1 of the supervisors, named Darcell. Darcell was munching on some sliced apples, carrots & celery for lunch. She asked Darcell, "What's with Ignatius?"

Darcell responded, "What about him?"

Luba put her head down & blushed. 

Darcell asked, "Do you have a thing for neat men?"

Luba said, "How did you know that I liked Ignatius? Well, I may have a low-key crush on him, but not like that."

Darcell said, "Girl, whatever! Don't try to downplay it. You know you wanna swing on him. Well, I'll catch you later. I gotta go to a meeting in 5 minutes."

Luba said, "Ok then. We'll definitely catch up."

Luba was wondering whether or not she was starting to GROW a crush on Ignatius. There was SOMETHING special about him. 

She got nervous once she heard his voice in the hallway. Butterflies in her stomach. She questioned why she was so attracted to this "ugly" man, even though everything about him is so neat, organized & clean. 

Ignatius walked into the break room, whistling. He caught her off guard & started massaging her shoulders. She got spooked. He not only surprised her with an oxtail plate for lunch, but he also got on 1 knee, proposed to her & asked her, "Will you be my forever helpmeet?" 

Luba nearly fainted! She acted like as if a high profile celebrity proposed to her at a concert. She acted like she won the lottery or something. Well, she did. In a different way. She didn't know what she was in for. 

She told him, "You know, Ignatius. I've always admired you. You are pro-FRESH-ional!" 

He said, "What?"

She said, "Fresh + professional. The way you dress, your flawless teeth, your organized office, your manicured hands. Just EVERYTHING!"

Ignatius told her, "Me & you were meant to be together."

Luba started laughing & blushing, saying, "Oh, stop it! Stop it!" 

Everything became silent. They gazed into each other's eyes & then locked lips. Luba felt a fluttering feeling throughout her whole body. 

One day, they got married. She quit her job & became a housewife. She tried to match up with being a pro-FRESH-ional, like him. Even though he appreciated everything she did & never complained, she always felt like her housework wasn't good enough. She tried everything she could, to please him & make him happy. They were happy together. Nothing could separate or come between them.

THE END