Out For Coffee

The roosters are a natural alternative to the alarm clock. Jesse was lying down in his bed shortly after waking up. He then started daydreaming, fantasizing, having flashbacks, whatever you wanna call it. He was hoping to see Daisy, the woman he wanted as the love of his life. 

He called Daisy, & she answered @ the 1st ring. 

"Hello. Is Daisy around?", he asked. 

She replied, "No one but Daisy."

He said, "I woke up thinking about you this morning. Thinking about the time when I saw you working the front desk @ your receptionist job. The day when you wore a teal turtleneck sweater, khakis & teal Ugg boots to match. Do you remember that day?"

She told him, "I faintly remember."

He said, "Why don't you put that on today? I wanna take you out for coffee."

She said, "Well, I can't because I wore the outfit 2 days ago."

He said, "That's fine. I can come over there if you want me to & wash, dry, iron, press, whatever you want me to do, baby. I just wanna see you in that outfit again."

It so-happened to be a Wednesday when he called her. Just like, it was a Wednesday when they 1st met. 

From then on, he took her out for coffee every Wednesday before work. Always treating her to her favorite allspice iced coffee.


THE END 




I'm hoping that writing this short story can EARN me enough for another hotel or motel room night tonight. I'm sleep deprived, so I tried my best.